So, since my last quick update, I've been a few more places - Indianapolis, Sonoma, Hershey, Pennsylvania, and Alabama!
![]() |
| At Chocolate World with a milkshake in Hershey, PA! |
Here's the funny thing about this marathon! I registered and I didn't know ANYTHING about it! People started asking me questions and I thought, uhhh, I guess I better do a little research!
SO, fun facts about the craziness that is my next adventure:
**It is 22 miles of TRAIL! (uhhhh, what?!)
**It gains 1,500 feet in elevation in the first two miles (uhhhh, what?!)
**At mile 19, there's a hill with a name "The Catalina Crush" and it's so hard they give you a special drink when you get to the top!
**There's only like 300 people that run it!
**The average finishing time is 6 hours!
Okay, so if ANY of that sounds even remotely appealing, let me know, cuz, uhhhh, you all know none of that is!
I've committed though. So what does it take? It takes a lot of hard work and preparation. And since I know NOTHING about trail running, I've gotta get my ass in gear. I bought trail shoes, a hydration pack, and hit up the local mountain trails... Next blog - about that!

No comments:
Post a Comment