Tuesday, October 9, 2012

THE TRAILS...

I have NEVER done anything like this before, so let's get out there and just see what happens!

Our first run on the schedule was for 10 miles. We didn't prepare well at all - well, by "we" I really mean ME. I just had a water bottle and regular shoes - no breakfast - and headed out! OH YEAH!

I learned that it's still hot out here in Fresno and my ankles need some toughening up and the first hill that I WALKED up about killed me and I needed trail shoes and I ran out of water and why didn't I eat anything and and and WHAT DID I SIGN UP FOR!?!?!

BUT, it's SO pretty out... and it's weird to think that we're getting in such a good hard workout, but you don't have to run the whole time... I liked it!
Seriously - every seen anything prettier?!?!






OH MY GOD, I've never been so sore! I was taking aspirin and foam rolling like a fool! You know what that's a sign of? A CHALLENGE! And also that I'M HOOKED!  Seeing the details of our marathon made me realize one 10 mile run in the mountains isn't gonna come close to preparing us for running 26.2!

Next up, a 14 mile road run, and another 16 mile trail run...

No comments:

Post a Comment