It's disturbing how many pictures I have through the years of me with soda and cheez-its, by the way. Very disturbing!
Why can't I be the person who gets to sit on my ass and watch TV, make mac n cheese from a box, eat fast food, and swill soda all day??? I'm tired and the above seems easy. My life seems hard :(
Every day I hit a million little forks in the road.
*I wake up on Saturdays at 5 am and Sundays at 6 am to brave the elements for a run in the dark. This is beyond anyone's realm of understanding, trust me.
*I go to the gym every day. This means having a calendar of workouts, appointments, packing my gym bag the night before... Otherwise, I know I'll come up with every excuse why I couldn't make it.
*I pay for a trainer. I could use that $160 a month for so much fun stuff!
*I gave up drinking mountain dew! Seriously, this is the most unfair of them all. I LOVE mountain dew. We have unlimited fountain drinks at my work!!! I thought this was America!*This morning I ate oatmeal for breakfast. I hate oatmeal. HATE! But I hear it's good for you, filling, high in fiber, etc etc.
This is getting to be a very windy blog! Sorry... Point is, don't you ever wonder why we do all this stuff? It consumes me, and it's all sacrifice of the things I love to do the things I hate. That's kinda crazy isn't it?! I mean, GEEZ, it's an animal cookie or a soda, not illegal street drugs! It's an evening off, not burglary!
Ultimately, I guess it's to shut my mind up. I really don't want to be ordinary or complacent. I want growth and to challenge myself to be better. I don't want excuses! If I hate my fat thighs, well then I'll just have to hate them while knowing I gave it 100% that day. I ate right, exercised hard, and did everything I could to change it!
If I can work full time, train to run a marathon, have a clean organized house, and make a home cooked healthy meal every day, then maybe my brain will be quiet for a minute.
Am I the only one who struggles with life like this??


I have different challenges, but it does seem like each day is a challenge. I struggle to cook on a budget and not go out to eat all the time. I try to keep the house clean. I try not to be bored to tears when my husband is at work all day. I try to make sure the little guy and I get enough rest, stimulation, and good food in the day. I try to make sure he gets "enough" everything, because being a baby is such a special time in a person's life. It's a balancing act I tell ya!
ReplyDelete