Even though it's the "off season" my marathon date has left me running through the cold weather and possible rain and winter "elements" too. Sigh... I really think I AM crazy!
Anyways, I have some AMAZING friends who, despite having already ran their race on November 6th, are willing to sacrifice sleep and comfort to be there for me during my long days!
Since we have already been running, including a couple half marathons, I'm already up to 13 miles which has narrowed my training schedule down to 8 weeks.
Today we ran a solid 14 miles. We were remarking at how beautiful the trail was and how wonderful it all looked with the leaves etc. We decided that each week as we run the trail, we'll take a picture as it progresses through January. Here is today's picture!
One funny thing about running... when we start it's dark (Crazy I know!), and this morning it was also foggy! As you can see in the pic, it turned out to be a great day, but when we started out in that foggy misty weather, mist and dew collected on your face and clothes. Basically I end up looking like a raccoon. My mascara runs and my pony tail poofs up just like a raccoon tail.
Okie dokie, that's it for today! Hope to see you out on the trail!
No comments:
Post a Comment