Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gotta start somewhere!

Hi everyone! I have been wanting to blog again, but kept putting it off because I wanted to get all wordy (which I have a tendency to do) and tell you way too much information and backstory! I will attempt to keep it short so we can get this party started.

I'm a busy gal, always 'on the run' and my new passion in life happens to be running... Hence the title, My life, on the run! See what I did there? I'm so clever!

Anyways, no promises, but my hopes for this blog is to just talk about every day life. Some of that may be exercise/running based, but it is part of my daily life! I struggle to get it all done, work full time, challenge myself to grow in new ways, eat/cook healthy (but exciting) meals, and have a little fun too!

Mostly right now my goal is to get through the rest of this year in one piece! I just signed up to run a full marathon January 15th in Arizona. I am PETRIFIED! That's only 8 weeks away and my training schedule is aggressive (for me). I've never run more than 13.1 miles by myself, but to go out of state and push the limits of my body and my mental strength for 26.2 miles and over 4 hours with no friends or support is scary! I can't believe I'm even going to do this! Yes, I know you non-runners think it's crazy, sometimes I do too!

Anyways, stay tuned. I hope to throw in some humor and nuance, maybe a few recipes, and lots of pictures!

2 comments: