So, we're really "down in it" now. Training has begun for the impossible. AND guess what I did?
I tried to wear high heels to work, caught said strappy heel on the carpeted steps of my RV, and fell to the ground! Sprained my foot. MY FOOT that I need to run, ya know!? AND then it wasn't getting better as I gimped around, so I went to the podiatrist and he said that the fall that caused the sprain caused THE DREADED Plantar Fasciitis! (That's small tears or strain to the muscle that connects the heel to the toes and it can be incredibly painful) OMG, really!?
So now, all vanity (you know that vain thing that started all this by wearing those ridiculous shoes in the first place??) has flown out the window and I've been prescribed orthopedic shoe inserts and have to wear tennis shoes every day. UGH! What I won't do for love (of running)!
So yes, I'm aqua jogging. I elliptical'd for nearly 8 miles this last Saturday while my girlfriends were out real running. I'm wearing dress clothes with tennis shoes to work (sigh). I sound like a 90 year old getting in and out of the seated position. I took a yoga class, which I have to say there's nothing like a slim limber youngin and a full wall mirror to make you feel like just about the fattest, sweatiest, most uncoordinated person of all time, but I put it in my calendar and I'm religious about following my workout calendar!!! I'm so sore I can barely walk anyways, so who really cares if I have a slight limp, right? Yup....
Anyways, I will get through this and I WILL run that marathon. I kind of think about it sometimes... like what is it really that's so daunting? Do I think I won't finish it? No, I know I will. Do I think I'll be really slow? No, I know what I can do and I won't be last! I think it all boils down to how bad it will hurt! LOL and that's THE joke because being healthy hurts. I'm hungry and sore and sleep deprived! Every day that I walk around on a wounded foot icing and wrapping and taking pain killers and foam rolling and feeling so sore I can barely dress myself hurts!! Our brains are funny, that's all I know.
I'll get there. Just gotta keep moving forward. No excuses...
No comments:
Post a Comment